Monday, January 3, 2011

Royals Hockey

I recently got the opportunity to photograph the Reading Royals Hockey team. My dad is the official photographer for the team so he was able get me a pass to photograph with him, which was good he could show me the in and outs of the arena. For the first period I stood in a small space between the two benches. Shooting hockey for the first time in over a year I thought the first period went really well.






For the second period I decided to stay in the same position since I was pleased with angle, especially to capture the players faces and emotions.


For the third period I went up to the top of the arena to try a different angle. I found it more difficult to follow the players and the glass often got in the way.


I'm looking forward to photographing the Royals again, and hopefully the Flyers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment