Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall Portraits

Several weeks ago while spending time at my aunt and uncle's house the topic of portraits came up. They mentioned how they hadn't had a family portrait taken since their kids were young. It was a great opportunity for me to work on my portrait skills and learn how to direct my subjects, which was a lot more comfortable to get used to doing with family. We had the perfect morning with great fall colors to round out the photos.


My uncle had his hip replaced which makes some sitting positions uncomfortable and difficult to stay in. To try to eliminate his pain, and make his smiles more natural we tried a few standing poses.


Close up of the kids for a little something different then the standard school photos.


Haley was a great model, with a natural smile and very easy to direct.


They are pleased with the photos and I was happy to have another portrait session to learn from. My grandmother will be happy too, she has some photo Christmas presents on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment