Sunday, May 8, 2011

Announcement of bin Laden's death

It was a quiet Sunday night, I was laying around in comfy clothes flipping channels when the news broke that Osama bin Laden had been killed. As I watched the news and the events unfold I had this uncomfortable feeling. I didn't know how I felt on the situation and thought it was odd the way things were being worded and the way the event was being handled. I watched as my facebook mini feed started to swarm with status updates, and many of them involving downtown State College were a crowd of students were gathering. I ran upstairs changed and out the door with my gear. I spent several hours with the students as they filled the street and apartment balconies. At one point I spotted the photographer who was working that night so decided to work more on video since he'd have stills.

This was my favorite still from the night.


And with the quickest video edit ever to get it up on our website as the early hours of the morning rolled on, here is my video collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment