Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vole Ballet

I photographed the dress rehearsal for Vole, which is Penn State's ballet club. Unfortunately they did not start on time, which meant I was not able to stay for as long as I would have liked. Once they put on costumes and they had stage lights working it helped to make my images visually appealing.



I really liked the reflection on the wood floor and was disappointed that none of the songs I was there to photograph did their routine with point shoes. I still like the way this image turned out.


This last image I did not submit with my assignment but am still drawn to it. At the end of my internship in Allentown all the photographers looked at my work and gave me some suggestions on how I can continue to grow. One of the comments was to be more daring, and edgy with some of my images. To me this feels edgy, but I wasn't sure if it comes across sloppy and not visually appealing. Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment